Working Out Your Salvation
Many times as believer we settle into maintenance mode. God has not called us to maintain, he has called us to be like Christ.
Philippians 2:12-13 New International Version (NIV)
Do Everything Without Grumbling
12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, 13 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
Three things God uses to bring about spiritual growth:
- The Word of God
- The Holy Spirit
- Situations, circumstances, and the people around us.
Three things I have to do to work out my salvation
- Allow God's Word to renew my mind
- Be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Choose how I am going to respond to the things that happen in my life
Ruth 1:14-17, 2:10, 2:20, 3:1-5, 3:9-11
Relationships are made up of normal and daily interactions.
- Selflessly committed
- To God
- To each other
- Toward Boaz
- Not expecting anything in return
- Not entitled, laying yourself down
- Boaz shows kindness to Ruth
- Boaz contradicts the prejudice of our culture
Lessons from the 10 Lepers